Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the Company (the “Board”) has overall responsibility for the leadership, strategic direction, control and performance of the Group and for promoting the success of the Group by directing and supervising its affairs.
The Board is also responsible for supervising the management of the Group (the “Management”) and has delegated the responsibility for day-to-day operations and management of the Group’s businesses to the Management.
The Board currently comprises thirteen Directors, including the Chairman (being an Executive Director), the other two Executive Directors, five Non-Executive Directors (two of them are Vice Chairman) and five Independent Non-Executive Directors.
- Kwok Ping-luen, Raymond (Chairman)
- Yan King-shun, Peter
- Tung Chi-ho, Eric
- Cheung Wing-yui (Vice Chairman)
- Fung Yuk-lun, Allen (Vice Chairman)
- Kwok Kai-wang, Christopher
- David Norman Prince
- Siu Hon-wah, Thomas
Independent Non-Executive Directors
- Li On-kwok, Victor
- King Yeo-chi, Ambrose
- Wong Kai-man
- Kwok Kwok-chuen
- Lee Wai-kwong, Sunny
The overall responsibilities of the Board include considering and making decisions on the following matters:
- setting the corporate goals of the Group and formulating the Group’s strategy and monitoring the implementation thereof;
- diversification and extension of activities into new business areas/cessation of operation of any material parts of its existing businesses;
- approving the annual, half-year and quarterly results;
- dividend policy;
- material changes to capital structure;
- major financing arrangements;
- material acquisitions and disposals;
- ensuring the integrity of the Group’s accounting and financial reporting system and public announcements;
- reviewing and monitoring the Group’s internal control systems;
- the Group’s policies and practices on corporate governance and effective compliance practice;
- approval of resolutions and corresponding documentation for Shareholders’ approval;
- Board membership and other appointments;
- membership and terms of reference of Board Committees; and
- monitoring the performance of the Management.
All Directors have access to relevant and timely information at all times as the Management will supply the Board and the Board Committees with all relevant information in a timely manner. They may make further enquiries if in their opinion it is necessary or appropriate to request for further information. They also have unrestricted access to the advice and services of the Company Secretary, who is responsible to the Board for providing the Directors with Board papers and related materials, and ensuring that all Board procedures and all applicable rules and regulations are followed. If considered to be necessary and appropriate by the Directors, they may upon reasonable request seek independent professional advice at the Company’s expense.
Except for those circumstances permitted by the Articles of Association and the GEM Listing Rules, a Director who has a material interest in any transaction, arrangement, contract or any other kind of proposal put forward to the Board for consideration will abstain from voting on the relevant resolution.